- 4 h tour from Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine
Please note that all times are approximate and depend on traffic. On several dates the site is closed - this information will be available upon booking.
- 08:00 - 08:30 Hotel pick-up
Our experienced driver picks you up from your centrally located Krakow hotel/apartment. Shared transportation in a comfortable A/C minivan (up to 8 passengers). Exact pick-up time will be given after reservation is confirmed.
- 08:30 - 09:20 Transport from Krakow to Wieliczka
We drive from Krakow to Wieliczka town (50 min travel time), where the salt mine is located.
- 09:20 - 09:30 Coffee break
10 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom.
- 09:30 - 12:00 Wieliczka Salt Mine visit
Guided tour of the salt mine in English with a licensed museum guide. All fees included in price. Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- 12.30 - 13.00 Hotel drop-off
Our driver drops you off at your hotel.
The Salt Mine at Wieliczka is one of Europe's oldest functioning underground facilities. Salt deposits were discovered here as far back as the eleventh century, and from King Kazimierz's time onwards, mining rights and the income, were controlled by the Crown. The mine attracts thousands of visitors each year. Not only is it one of Poland's greatest attractions, it's also listed on the UNESCO List of World Heritage Sites.
- On this tour you will be able to see:
- 3 kilometres of meandering corridors and tunnels
- Chambers chiselled out in rock salt
- Amazing underground saline lakes
- Unique statues sculpted in salt
- Blessed Kinga's Chapel, where everything is carved from salt, including the stairs, bannisters, altar and chandeliers
- What our Clients say:
- "Nice and carefull drivers. Good service - tickets were available without waiting, and there were guides ready as planned. We used the company for the Auschwitz tour, the tour to the Salt mines and for transport to and from the airport." Corey Brun
- "Excellent tours from start to finish. We arrived back at our hotel earlier than expected which was good because we only spent two nights in Kraków so it allowed us a bit more time. The guides were very fluent in English and both the Salt Mine and Aushwitz were really good value for money. We chose to do the tours separately because we thought it would be too tiring doing the full day and I'm glad we did that as there was lots of walking in both tours. Thanks I would highly recommend this to my friends." Katie Unsworth
- "The organisation was excellent and the quality of the tour was very good. The guide for the actual camp was brilliant and we had a very kind and pleasant driver. The Salt Mines were amazing. I got so much out of the day. Thank you very much." Isabel Garbeth
- What is your cancellation policy?
Entrance tickets to Auschwitz - Birkenau Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine are personal tickets without option for cost free change or cancellation. Due to the museums' policy we also do not offer free cancellation or any change in the confirmed reservation. All of the cancellations and changes are subject to 100% (of the total tour price) cancellation fee. If the museums or state borders lockdown occurs, the customer would be offered full payment refund, however AT will deduct 20% handling fee from the refund.
- Pick-up points in Kazimierz (Jewish Quarter) restricted traffic zone.
The map shows the restricted traffic area, due to major roadworks and road closures to be carried out in 2019. Guests staying in hotels/apartments located in the zone are kindly requested to use one of 4 arranged pick-up points. Exact pick-up point and time will be sent in confirmation e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You pay all up-front, or locally to our driver.
- What is the pick-up time?
We confirm your exact pick up time just after we confirm you reservation. It is between 15.30 and 16.00 from centrally located Krakow hotels/apartments.
- Can I take this tour in other languages?
Yes, French, Italian, German, Spanish are available on request.
- How many people will be in the van?
To guarantee you a comfortable journey, we use max. 8 passenger vehicles - VW Caravelle, VW Transporter (shared transportation). If you are the only clients that day, we may sometimes use a 4 passenger minivan.
- What is the temperature inside the mine?
Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- Is there a lot of walking on the tour?
Yes, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. The visitors have to walk down
380 stairs and there are all together 800 steps along the whole route.
After a short respite, visitors go up to the surface in a mining elevator.
- Can I take pictures on site?
Yes, for taking photos a 10 PLN fee has to be paid at the ticket desk.