- Book in advance! Tickets are likely to be sold out one week before the tour date
- 11 h tour from Krakow to Auschwitz-Birkenau & Wieliczka Salt Mine
Please note that all times are approximate and depend on traffic. On several dates the site is closed - this information will be available upon booking.
- 7.30 - 8.00 Hotel pick-up
Our experienced driver picks you up from your centrally located Krakow hotel/apartment. Shared transportation in a comfortable A/C minivan (up to 8 passengers). Exact pick-up time will be given after reservation is confirmed.
- 8.00 - 9.30 Transport from Krakow to Auschwitz
We drive from Krakow to Oswiecim town (1.5 h travel time), where Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum is located.
- 9.30 - 9.45 Coffee break
15 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom.
- 9.45 - 11.30 Auschwitz camp visit
Guided tour of Auschwitz concentration camp in English with a licensed museum guide. Headsets to hear the guide clearly are provided. All fees included in price. Please note, to enter the Museum premises you need to show your valid passport or ID card.
- 11.30 - 11.45 Transport from Auschwitz to Birkenau
We take you to the second part of the sightseeing tour to Birkenau camp grounds.
- 11.45 - 13.00 Birkenau camp visit
Guided tour of Birkenau concentration camp in English. All fees included in price.
Please note that due to our schedules, after the end of the tour with guide in Birkenau, you should come to the car promptly, as you driver cannot wait for you more than 10 minutes.
- 13.00 - 15.00 Transport from Birkenau to Wieliczka
We drive from Krakow to Wieliczka town (1.5 - 2 h travel time), where the salt mine is located.
- 15.00 - 15.30 Coffee/lunch break
10-30 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom. Sometimes the break may extend to 60min, please read our FAQ section for more details.
- 15.30 - 17.00 The Wieliczka Salt Mine visit
Guided tour of the salt mine in English with a licensed museum guide. All fees included in price. Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- 17.00 - 18.00 Transport from Wieliczka to Krakow
Return transportation from Wieliczka to Krakow (30 min travel time).
- 18.00 - 18.15 Hotel drop-off
Our driver drops you off at your hotel.
Book in advance! Tickets are likely to be sold out one week before the tour date.
This is a great option for those coming for a very short weekend break, who want to see the most famous sites but have no time. Auschwitz Tours recommends combined Auschwitz & Salt Mine tour in 1 day. First we visit Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps memorial and afterwards the famous underground Wieliczka Salt Mine. Save your time and money and get the most from Krakow's region legendary tourist attractions in just 1 day!
- In Auschwitz - Birkenau Museum you will be able to see:
- The famous main gate with the inscription "Arbeit macht frei"
- Living and sanitary-hygienic conditions of the prisoners
- Personal belongings seized from murdered Jews
- Death Block and Death Wall, crematorium 1 and the gas chamber
- Prisoners' barracks, watchtowers and fence system, the unloading platform
- In Wieliczka Salt Mine you will be able to see:
- 3 kilometres of meandering corridors
- Chambers chiselled out in rock salt
- Amazing underground saline lakes
- Unique statues sculpted in salt
- What our Clients say:
- "We had a good experience on the Auschwitz & Salt Mine tour (given the subject matter). The driver/organiser was very good and both the guides were excellent. Enough information, but not overloaded." John Deeplex
- "Our tour of Auschwitz & the salt mine was great. Driver was on time, organized and very attentive. Both guides in each place were also great and we enjoyed our time!" Anne Baceda
- "The drivers for both tours were well organised, helpful and friendly. The guides at both Wieliczka and Auschwitz were up with the best we have ever encountered. Thanks and congratulations to Auschwitz Tours specifically and Krakow in general !!" Brian Jux
- What is your cancellation policy?
Entrance tickets to Auschwitz - Birkenau Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine are personal tickets without option for cost free change or cancellation. Due to the museums' policy we also do not offer free cancellation or any change in the confirmed reservation. All of the cancellations and changes are subject to 100% (of the total tour price) cancellation fee. If the museums or state borders lockdown occurs, the customer would be offered full payment refund, however AT will deduct 20% handling fee from the refund.
- Pick-up points in Kazimierz (Jewish Quarter) restricted traffic zone.
The map shows the restricted traffic area, due to major roadworks and road closures to be carried out in 2019. Guests staying in hotels/apartments located in the zone are kindly requested to use one of 4 arranged pick-up points. Exact pick-up point and time will be sent in confirmation e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You pay all up-front, or locally to our driver.
- Do i need any special documents to enter the Auschwitz Museum?
To enter the Museum premises you need to show your valid passport or ID card.
- What is the pick-up time?
We confirm your exact pick up time just after we confirm you reservation. It is between 8.20 am and 9.00 am from centrally located Krakow hotels/apartments.
- Can I take this tour in other languages?
Yes, French, Italian, German, Spanish are available on request.
- How many people will be in the van?
To guarantee you a comfortable journey, we use max. 8 passenger vehicles - VW Caravelle, VW Transporter (shared transportation). If you are the only clients that day, we may sometimes use a 4 passenger minivan. The group visiting the Museum may consist of up to 30 visitors. In the period between 1 April and 31 October from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. the entry on the grounds of the former Auschwitz I camp is permitted only with the Entry Pass for Guided Tours (literally it means, that each guest has to purchase a ticket for the official tour organized by the Museum and we include these tickets in the price).
- Can children visit Auschwitz?
Although it is the parents' decision, it is not advised for children under the age of 12 to visit the camps. Prams and strollers are not allowed.
- Can I bring my bag inside Auschwitz Museum?
The max. size of handbags brought into the museum is 30x20x10cm.
- Can I take pictures on site?
In Auschwitz - Birkenau Musuem taking photos for your own purposes is free of charge. In Wieliczka Salt Mine for taking photos a 10 PLN fee has to be paid at the ticket desk.
- What is the temperature inside the mine?
Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- Is there a lot of walking on the Salt Mine part of the tour?
Yes, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. The visitors have to walk down
380 stairs and there are all together 800 steps along the whole route.
After a short respite, visitors go up to the surface in a mining elevator
- Important info regarding the precise timing of the combined Auschwitz and Salt Mine tour.
To guarantee the entrance for the tour in the Wieliczka Salt mine, we pre-order your tickets for the sightseeing tour starting at 4.30pm. Depending on the duration time of the tour in Auschwitz (that slightly varies from day to day) and traffic on the roads, the coffee break before entering the salt mine may last between 15 to 60min. You can spend this time in the nearby restaurant, where your driver can help you with booking a table or you can simply have a walk in the local park.