- 4 h private tour with an English speaking Crazy Guide
Our guide picks you up from your Krakow hotel/apartment in an original East German Trabant automobile. Details of the meeting will be arranged via e-mail.
- Sightseeing of Nowa Huta - socialist district
Central Sq, residential units, steelworks' headquarters, Soviet tank, Lord's Ark church.
- Communist refreshments in a themed bar
- Authentic 1970s apartment-museum
You will be shown a 1950s propaganda movie and served with vodka and pickles. First-hand taste of everyday life in Poland during the 1970s.
- Lunch in an old-school "Milk Bar" canteen
Alternative tour of Communist Krakow in a genuine East German Trabant automobile. Crazy Guides' Communism Tour was covered by BBC, The Guardian, Reuters, Lonely Planet and many other world's media. You'll be driven to the district of Nowa Huta, "Stalin's gift to Krakow", and discover a centrally-planned socialist city, complete with steel works and houses built in the Renaissance style of the Soviets. This unique district was meant to be a model Communist city, but later came to be one of the centres of revolution and resistance within Poland, leading to the overthrow of the Communist government.
- Highlights of the tour:
- Nowa Huta - Socialist district
- A private unchanged, Communist apartment - museum
- Propaganda films, photos, maps
- Drive in a genuine East German Trabant
- What is your cancellation policy?
For individual reservations, whenever we charge the deposit we require a 7 days notice by e-mail or phone. Changes or cancellations made after this time cause the loss of your deposit. For group reservations cancellation rules are confirmed via e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You can pay all up-front, or locally to our guide. Usually we require deposit to confirm your reservation.
- What is the pick up time?
It's a private tour, so pick up time and date are on request.
- Where do we meet the guide?
Our guide picks you up from your Krakow hotel/apartment.