- 11 h tour from Krakow to Auschwitz-Birkenau & Wieliczka Salt Mine
Please note that all times are approximate and depend on traffic. On several dates the site is closed - this information will be available upon booking.
- 8.30 - 9.00 Hotel pick-up
Our experienced driver picks you up from your centrally located Krakow hotel/apartment. Transportation in a comfortable A/C minivan (up to 8 passengers). Exact pick-up time will be given after reservation is confirmed.
- 9.00 - 10.30 Transport from Krakow to Auschwitz
We drive from Krakow to Oswiecim town (1.5 h travel time), where Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum is located.
- 10.30 - 10.45 Coffee break
15 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom.
- 10.45 - 12.30 Auschwitz camp visit
Guided tour of Auschwitz concentration camp in English with a licensed museum guide. Headsets to hear the guide clearly are provided. All fees included in price.
- 12.30 - 12.45 Snack break and transport from Auschwitz to Birkenau
We provide you our free snack box (homemade sandwich and water) and then take you to the second part of the sightseeing tour to Birkenau camp grounds.
- 12.45 - 14.00 Birkenau camp visit
Guided tour of Birkenau concentration camp in English. All fees included in price.
- 14.00 - 15.50 Transport from Birkenau to Wieliczka
We drive from Krakow to Wieliczka town (1.5 h travel time), where the salt mine is located.
- 15.50 - 16.00 Coffee break
10 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom.
- 16.00 - 18.30 The Wieliczka Salt Mine visit
Guided tour of the salt mine in English with a licensed museum guide. All fees included in price. Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- 18.30 - 19.00 Transport from Wieliczka to Krakow
Return transportation from Wieliczka to Krakow (30 min travel time).
- 19.00 - 19.15 Hotel drop-off
Our driver drops you off at your hotel.
This is a great option for those coming for a very short weekend break, who want to see the most famous sites but have no time. Auschwitz Tours recommends combined Auschwitz & Salt Mine tour in 1 day. First we visit Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps memorial and afterwards the famous underground Wieliczka Salt Mine. Save your time and money and get the most from Krakow's region legendary tourist attractions in just 1 day!
- In Auschwitz - Birkenau Museum you will be able to see:
- The famous main gate with the inscription "Arbeit macht frei"
- Living and sanitary-hygienic conditions of the prisoners
- Personal belongings seized from murdered Jews
- Death Block and Death Wall, crematorium 1 and the gas chamber
- Prisoners' barracks, watchtowers and fence system, the unloading platform
- In Wieliczka Salt Mine you will be able to see:
- 3 kilometres of meandering corridors
- Chambers chiselled out in rock salt
- Amazing underground saline lakes
- Unique statues sculpted in salt
- What is your cancellation policy?
For individual reservations, whenever we charge the deposit we require a 7 days notice by e-mail or phone. Changes or cancellations made after this time cause the loss of your deposit. For group reservations cancellation rules are confirmed via e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You can pay all up-front, or locally to our driver. Usually we require deposit to confirm your reservation.
- What is the pick-up time?
We confirm your exact pick up time just after we confirm you reservation. It is between 8.20 am and 9.00 am from centrally located Krakow hotels/apartments.
- What is your snack box?
It's a sandwich and water.
- Can I take this tour in other languages?
Yes, French, Italian, German, Spanish are available on request.
- How many people will be in the van?
To guarantee you a comfortable journey, we use max. 8 passenger vehicles. If you are the only clients that day, we may sometimes use a 4 passenger minivan.
- Can children visit Auschwitz?
Although it is the parents' decision, it is not advised for children under the age of 12 to visit the camps. Prams and strollers are not allowed.
- Can I bring my bag inside Auschwitz Museum?
The max. size of handbags brought into the museum is 30x20x10cm.
- Can I take pictures on site?
In Auschwitz - Birkenau Musuem taking photos for your own purposes is free of charge. In Wieliczka Salt Mine for taking photos a 10 PLN fee has to be paid at the ticket desk.
- What is the temperature inside the mine?
Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- Is there a lot of walking on the Salt Mine part of the tour?
Yes, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. The visitors have to walk down
380 stairs and there are all together 800 steps along the whole route.
After a short respite, visitors go up to the surface in a mining elevator