- 4 h tour from Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine
Please note that all times are approximate and depend on traffic. On several dates the site is closed - this information will be available upon booking.
- 15.30 - 16.00 Hotel pick-up
Our experienced driver picks you up from your centrally located Krakow hotel/apartment. Transportation in a comfortable A/C minivan (up to 8 passengers). Exact pick-up time will be given after reservation is confirmed.
- 16.00 - 16.50 Transport from Krakow to Wieliczka
We drive from Krakow to Wieliczka town (50 min travel time), where the salt mine is located.
- 16.50 - 17.00 Coffee break
10 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom.
- 17.00 - 19.30 Wieliczka Salt Mine visit
Guided tour of the salt mine in English with a licensed museum guide. All fees included in price. Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- 19.30 - 20.00 Transport from Wieliczka to Krakow
Return transportation from Wieliczka to Krakow (30 min travel time).
- 20.00 - 20.15 Hotel drop-off
Our driver drops you off at your hotel.
Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of Europe's oldest functioning underground facilities. Started in the early Middle Ages, the mine attracts thousands of visitors each year. Not only is it one of Poland's greatest attractions, it's also listed on the UNESCO List of World Heritage Sites.
- On this tour you will be able to see:
- 3 kilometres of meandering corridors
- Chambers chiselled out in rock salt
- Amazing underground saline lakes
- Unique statues sculpted in salt
- What is your cancellation policy?
For individual reservations, whenever we charge the deposit we require a 7 days notice by e-mail or phone. Changes or cancellations made after this time cause the loss of your deposit. For group reservations cancellation rules are confirmed via e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You can pay all up-front, or locally to our driver. Usually we require deposit to confirm your reservation.
- What is the pick-up time?
We confirm your exact pick up time just after we confirm you reservation. It is between 15.30 and 16.00 from centrally located Krakow hotels/apartments.
- Can I take this tour in other languages?
Yes, French, Italian, German, Spanish are available on request.
- How many people will be in the van?
To guarantee you a comfortable journey, we use max. 8 passenger vehicles. If you are the only clients that day, we may sometimes use a 4 passenger minivan.
- What is the temperature inside the mine?
Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- Is there a lot of walking on the tour?
Yes, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. The visitors have to walk down
380 stairs and there are all together 800 steps along the whole route.
After a short respite, visitors go up to the surface in a mining elevator.
- Can I take pictures on site?
Yes, for taking photos a 10 PLN fee has to be paid at the ticket desk.