- 7 h tour from Krakow to Auschwitz-Birkenau
Please note that all times are approximate and depend on traffic. On several dates the site is closed - this information will be available upon booking.
- 8.30 - 9.00 Hotel pick-up
Our experienced driver picks you up from your centrally located Krakow hotel/apartment. Transportation in a comfortable A/C minivan (up to 8 passengers). Exact pick-up time will be given after reservation is confirmed.
- 9.00 - 10.30 Transport from Krakow to Auschwitz
We drive from Krakow to Oswiecim town (1.5 h travel time), where Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum is located.
- 10.30 - 10.45 Coffee break
15 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom.
- 10.45 - 12.30 Auschwitz camp visit
Guided tour of Auschwitz concentration camp in English with a licensed museum guide. Headsets to hear the guide clearly are provided. All fees included in price.
- 12.30 - 12.45 Snack break and transport from Auschwitz to Birkenau
We provide you our free snack box (homemade sandwich and water) and then take you to the second part of the sightseeing tour to Birkenau camp grounds.
- 12.45 - 14.00 Birkenau camp visit
Guided tour of Birkenau concentration camp in English. All fees included in price.
- 14.00 - 15.30 Transport from Birkenau to Krakow
Return transportation from Birkenau to Krakow (1.5 h travel time).
- 15.30 - 16.00 Hotel drop-off
Our driver drops you off at your hotel.
Auschwitz - Birkenau was the largest concentration camp established by the Nazi regime to carry the extermination of European Jews but also Poles, Gypsies and people of other nations. It consisted of three main camps: Auschwitz I, Auschwitz II (Birkenau) and Auschwitz III (Monowitz). After WW2 the Polish government restored Auschwitz and turned it into a museum. It was also included on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1979.
- On this tour you will be able to see:
- The famous main gate with the inscription "Arbeit macht frei"
- Living and sanitary-hygienic conditions of the prisoners
- Personal belongings seized from murdered Jews
- Enlarged camp mugshots and victims' hair
- Death Block and Death Wall
- Crematorium 1 and the first gas chamber
- Prisoners' barracks, watchtowers and fence system
- The unloading platform (ramp)
- What is your cancellation policy?
For individual reservations, whenever we charge the deposit we require a 7 days notice by e-mail or phone. Changes or cancellations made after this time cause the loss of your deposit. For group reservations cancellation rules are confirmed via e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You can pay all up-front, or locally to our driver. Usually we require deposit to confirm your reservation.
- What is the pick-up time?
We confirm your exact pick up time just after we confirm you reservation. It is between 8.20 am and 9.00 am from centrally located Krakow hotels/apartments.
- What is your snack box?
It's a sandwich and water.
- Can I take this tour in other languages?
Yes, French, Italian, German, Spanish are available on request.
- How many people will be in the van?
To guarantee you a comfortable journey, we use max. 8 passenger vehicles. If you are the only clients that day, we may sometimes use a 4 passenger minivan.
- Can children visit Auschwitz?
Although it is the parents' decision, it is not advised for children under the age of 12 to visit the camps. Prams and strollers are not allowed.
- Can I bring my bag inside Auschwitz Museum?
The max. size of handbags brought into the museum is 30x20x10cm.
- Can I take pictures on site?
Yes, taking photos for your own purposes is free of charge.